Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Yerba Mate and the Digestive System


Sometimes It Hurts To Be Awake

We’re hungry; we want burgers, but we don’t want the greasy fats. We have a sweet tooth; we want Jelly Bellies, but we just brushed out teeth.  We’re tired; we want coffee, but we don’t want a bellyache.

These are scenarios that play out for movers and shakers many times daily.  Some of us with enough money, time, and discipline have managed to skirt the first two with ease enough.  Lean home cooking, packed up in plastic wares and taken to work takes care of the hunger, and anyone who has sat through having a cavity or two filled (especially if they’ve paid for the process) isn’t willing to make the sacrifice Jelly Beans require...it’s the third dilemma that has us perplexed.

Indigestion is the pain in everyone’s backside—or it would be, if it weren’t located front and center in the body, causing us all to double over in horror as this morning’s coffee meets last night’s spaghetti in a battle that calls to mind the trenches of the First World War.  It is so very unfortunate that the energy from caffeine comes most often at such a painful cost.

Another Way To Live

For those who have tried yerba mate, and I don’t mean a lightly brewed bottle or can of cold terere from the shelves of a gas station cooler — I mean traditionally made, hot mate, drank from a gourd through a bombilla—there’s really no turning back.

Mate’s pleasant, sharp taste accompanies a smooth onrush of energy and focus, and zaps you with a whole lot of gusto in the health department.  Known to lower cholesterol, blood sugar, and bacterial and fungal infection risk, mate also increases the speed of your metabolism, leading to healthy weight loss, and likely an appetite increase in those who have trouble eating enough.

A good balance of xanthines (like caffeine and theobromine), vital minerals and vitamins in good quantity, more polyphenol antioxidants than you can shake a tongue depressor at... it sounds too good to be true; it’s not.  Long overshadowed in the American market by coffee, a growing awareness of, demand for, and thus production of yerba mate in places that would otherwise be used to grow coffee means you’re going to see more of it, and hear more of the rhetoric it’s staunch proponents are justly eager to share.

Something To Speed You Up, But To Smooth You Out

While yerba mate is mostly hailed as a heart-healthy stimulant option, it can also be a boon to your digestive system.  Yerba has been used for eons traditionally in South American cultures as a medicinal herb.  Yerba treats digestive problems by promoting bile and gastric juice production in the body, which means, among other things, a cleaner colon, less bacterial build up in the digestive system as a whole, and more efficient intestines.


It is also true that drinking mate slows digestion—but only while you’re drinking it, and not at a rate that could cause you harm. Increases in the acidity of your stomach do slow digestion temporarily, but these are acids that serve to clean and improve, rather than harm, material like the lining of your stomach.

Coffee, on the other hand, contains so much acidity of its own that the drinker’s digestive system is not only slowed, but assaulted.  Think of it like laundry detergent; a good detergent and the occasional addition of boosters or even bleach are essential, but your clothes won’t last very long if Drano is introduced to the mix.

Selecting and modifying your diet to suit your body’s ever-changing needs can be a real challenge.  Most of us come to a point with many things we’ve become attached to over the years, where continuing to buy and ingest them is just not worth the pain they cause us.  If you’re finding that coffee or black or even green tea are turning into a necessary evil, and no longer feel as good going through as they do going down, introduce yerba mate to yourself. The biggest secret?  It’s pretty darn good, too.

Article contributed by Mackay Pierce of Yerba Montana. YerbaMontana.comYerba

3 comments:

  1. HOW I GOT CURED OF HERPES VIRUS.

    Hello everyone out there, i am here to give my testimony about a herbalist called dr imoloa. i was infected with herpes simplex virus 2 in 2013, i went to many hospitals for cure but there was no solution, so i was thinking on how i can get a solution out so that my body can be okay. one day i was in the pool side browsing and thinking of where i can get a solution. i go through many website were i saw so many testimonies about dr imoloa on how he cured them. i did not believe but i decided to give him a try, i contacted him and he prepared the herpes for me which i recieved through DHL courier service. i took it for two weeks after then he instructed me to go for check up, after the test i was confirmed herpes negative. am so free and happy. so, if you have problem or you are infected with any disease kindly contact him on email--- drimolaherbalmademedicine@gmail.com. or / whatssapp --+2347081986098.
    This testimony serve as an expression of my gratitude. he also have herbal cure for COLD SORE, SHINGLES, CANCER, HEPATITICS A, B. DIABETES 1/2, HIV/AIDS, CHRONIC PANCERATIC, CHLAMYDIA, ZIKA VIRUS, EMPHYSEMA, LOW SPERM COUNT, ENZYMA, COUGH, ULCER, ARTHRITIS, LEUKEMIA, LYME DISEASE, ASTHMA, IMPOTENCE, BARENESS/INFERTILITY, WEAK ERECTION, PENIS ENLARGEMENT. AND SO ON.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chemicals used in industries gives me Leukemia Cancer and it's all started when I wanted to get off my job to get another job that when I got diagnose, at that very point I was so scared to die because it has infected my blood cells also I was prescribed drugs like Cyclophosphamide,Busulfan,Bosutinib,Cytarabine, Cytosar-U (Cytarabine),Dasatinib in all that was just to keep me waiting for my dying day. I got inspired by what I read from a lady called Tara Omar on blog spot on how Dr Itua cure her HIV/Aids then they were lettered below that says he can cure Cancer so I pick his contact on the testimony she wrote then I emailed Dr Itua hopefully he replied swiftly to my mail then I purchased his Herbal medicine also it was shipped to me here in Texas, I went to pick it at post office so he instructs me on how the treatment will take me three weeks to cure my Leukemia Disease, Joyfully I was cured by this Dr Itua Herbal Medicine.
    I will advise you too to give a try to Dr Itua Herbal Medicine with the following diseases that he can help you cure forever___Diabetes, Herpes,HIV/Aids, Bladder Cancer, Breast Cancer, Parkinson's disease,Schizophrenia,Lung Cancer,Breast Cancer,Colo-Rectal Cancer,Blood Cancer,Prostate Cancer,siva.Fatal Familial Insomnia Factor V Leiden Mutation ,Epilepsy Dupuytren's disease,Desmoplastic small-round-cell tumor Diabetes ,Coeliac disease,Creutzfeldt–Jakob disease,Cerebral Amyloid Angiopathy, Ataxia,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Scoliosis,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone Toxicity
    Syndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans ProgresSclerosis,Seizures,Alzheimer's disease,Adrenocortical carcinoma.Asthma,Allergic diseases.Copd,Glaucoma., Cataracts,Macular degeneration,Cardiovascular disease,Lung disease.Enlarged prostate,Osteoporosis.Alzheimer's disease,
    Dementia.Vaginal Cancer, Kidney Cancer, Lung Cancer, Skin Cancer, Uterine Cancer, Prostate Cancer, Colo_Rectal Cancer, Leukemia Cancer, Hepatitis, Brain Tumors, Tach Disease,Love Spell, Infertility, Hpv. GoodLuck,XoXo****
    Dr Itua Contact Information:::
    Email (drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com)
    WhatsApp-(+2348149277967)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Herpes is a serious and recurring disease which can't be cured through drugs or injections by the doctors but the best way to deal with Herpes is by taking natural herbs medicine for it,  I have read about DR NOGADU the great herbalist doctor who cure me from herpes  with his powerful herbal medicine.  i contacted him to know how he can help me and he told me never to worry that he will help me with the natural herbs from God! After 2 days of contacting him, he told me that the cure has been ready and he sent it to me via UPS SPEED POST and it got to me after 3 days! i used the medicine as he instructed me (MORNING and EVENING) and i was cured! It was really like a dream but i was  so happy! you should contact him for his herbal medicine because i am a living testimony and i was cured of herpes and his medicine is legit.  I sent him what he requested and he sent me his medicine which I took for 2 good weeks and today I am out here with a negative result. When I went for the test I was so happy after going through his medication. you can reach him through his email: drnogaduherbalist@gmail.com or call/whatsapp number:+2347010627760 he will help you out.

    ReplyDelete